Dec 31, 2010 0
"Improving your media diet,
consumes publications Valencia "
Project to foster communication in Valencia made in the press, radio, Televisió to the internet, which already has initial support from the Federation of Valencia School, Publishers Association of Valencia, Local Network Stations Valencian, Cultural Action of Valencia and the Valencian Journalists Union.
"Improving your media diet, consumes publications Valencia ". Is the name of the initiative organized by ACICOM (Citizenship and Communication Association), consumer association which brings together more than a hundred people concerned to improve the diet of the media and citizens of Valencia APPV (Associació de Publicacions Valencianes périodique), umbrella month of 50 periodical publications on paper and digital, with aim of promoting the consumption of information produced in any media in Valencia. Role that the Premsa fa, The goal of the campaign is to promote subscriptions to periodicals in Valencia.
The campaign has submitted al'altet sat on Cafeteria The Nau, Universitat de València, Carrer Nau, the 30 of desembre has 12 noon.
The campaign, that will be permanent, begins with three outstanding actions. The first is the emission of several commercials promoting the diet in the media in Valencian radio stations of the Network of Municipal Valencia. This action has co·support of leading personalities from the world of arts and culture in Valencia, among which are the actress Rosana Pastor, Xavi Castillo l'humorist, women writers Raquel and Carmen Ricart Amoraga, managing the cultural Francis Lopez, Pep Ricart actor and singer Vicente Torrent, Pau Alabajos i Miquel Gil.
The second action of the campaign is the launch of the website
www.quioscvalencia.info, which will be a venue for the newspapers in paper and digital made in Valencia, and the main events of communication in our language dominating both the media and journalists as citizens' associations, consumers and companies specializing in communication and in defense of the language.
Likewise, The third initiative is the development of actions on social networks to promote subscriptions to these publications. This is the best way we can achieve the dual objective: increase reading in Valencia at the same time ensure the economic viability of the publications that enrich our media diet of citizenship, with information and our native language.
The initiative "Improving your media diet, Valencia has already consumed publications initially with the help·Special cooperation and support Aldaia Radio Federation Valencian School, Publishers Association of Valencia, Local Network Stations Valencian, Cultural Action of Valencia and the Valencian Journalists Union. All these organizations are driven by their role of promotion and normalization of Valencia in the fields of education, the editorial món, Tell us the culture of the. Gradually we hope other organizations will be sticking Citizen, social, policies, union, university, professionals, etc.
COMMUNICATION IN VALENCIA LIVE on the ropes of starvation
Communication in Valencia in a situation of diglossia in the media that the media are hegemonic in Spanish. More 25 years after the adoption of the Statute of Autonomy and the Law of Use and Teaching of Valencian, which laid the foundations of standardization of language, the presence of Valencian in the media is still marginal. Journalism lives in Valencia on the ropes of starvation, sector is weak and minoritzat. Today, Malgrat that hi ha uns 170 media in Valencia, monopolize the means in Spanish audiences.
The market and politics have shaped this sad scene. The creation of RTVV in 1989 not mitigated by the Spanish communications space Valencia, process that sometimes has been favored by the Generalitat Valenciana. The figures confirm the location of hearings affecting communication in our language. We have no newspaper in Valencia, nor any of the newspapers published a range of frequency have not achieved an acceptable spread throughout. According to the Valencian Academy of Language, Soil el 8,9% of the population read newspapers in Valencia and 3,23% indigenous language radio listeners. Role that the Premsa fa, now have 103 Recurring role in Valencia, output with a circulation of just over 409.000 copies, a month of 14 newspapers made also in Valencia.
The use of our language in the Spanish press is also marginally. The only pages that publish newspapers are publishing Valenciana Valencia’Country published by the cultural suplement setmanal "Quadern", in Levante-EMV page with daily "Panorama" and charged "Classroom". The other newspapers ignore Valencia Valencia.
Likewise, the presence of Valencian in television is marked by three anomalous situations: an audience dominated by national chains, TVV as a dead engine and a normalization Council determined to boycott TV3 in Valencia. TVV is bilingual and barely exceeds 16% de l'Audiencia. The authoritarian Council has further exacerbated these abnormalities, especially for the party that makes use of Channel 9. Finally, Internet Valencian is also a minority, els soil 13,7% cibermitjans use of Valencian as a teaching language. At the same time the introduction of DTT has worsened the situation since has eradicated all local television stations that existed and increased the number of channels in Spanish, breach of the law most of the new operators who have obtained license. Only some of them made an effort by Valencia
Besides the linguistic conflict, still generates attitudes of rejection towards the language rules, the main responsible for this marginalization of communication is the Valencian Government, Valencia is not helpful in terms of social development and public policies that promote strong and lasting ways in Valencia. The presence of language in the media is higher in Catalonia, Basque Country and Galicia. In these areas there is more awareness and identity are developed from years of political communication to promote the use of indigenous languages in the media.
Valencia is a bilingual autonomy less money spent on promoting language media. The Xifra of 2010 revealing. L'ajuda of contrasts 120.000 EUR gives the promotion of the Valencian Generalitat Valenciana in the media against the 7 million provided Catalonia, els 5,7 million euros and the Basque Country 3,5 million in Galicia. I finnish i to Asturies, amb 415.000 EUR, fattening than with the help of Valencia.
The Covenant of pel Valencià 2001, signed by all political forces of the Valencian Parliament, recognizes that the policy has been insufficient standardization of the Council also aims posed to overcome the situation that has not yet been applied, such as the implementing rules of the Law on Use and Teaching of Valencian.
CITIZENS WE HAVE A STEP FORWARD
Given the precariousness of the situation is that Valencian media, various civic organizations have launched this campaign Standing "Improving your media diet, consumes publications Valencia ".
It is more involved in the Valencian society in mutual support to these publications: en paper, Internet and / or audiovisual media so that our diet as Valencia may be increasingly rich and diverse. We support calls by Subscription, dissemination of its existence, extension to all corners of the Commonwealth, etc..
PROPOSALS FOR IMPROVING THE MEDIA DIET IN VALENCIA
Given this neglect of the Valencian political future is uncertain in the media. The normalization should have priority as the presence of Valencian in the media. We need a strong regional policy to redress the situation. If the Government does not give back to the marginalization of the media in Valencia, these remain on the ropes, a difficult situation in a globalized world can lead to the disappearance of language.
To counter this situation, and in order that the Valencian people can improve their diet in the native language media, Citizenship and Communication Association, l'Associació de Publicacions Valencianes périodique, Valencian School Federation, Publishers Association of Valencia, Local Network Stations Valencian, Cultural Action of Valencia and the Valencian Journalists Union, propose, claim and ask the Council of Catalonia and the Valencian Parliament carry out the following initiatives:
- The Council should give priority to the language policy. The future of communication happens in Valencia, first lloc, to initiate the development of regulatory LUEV in all fields of social and economic life of Valencia, especially in the area of media, in compliance with the Covenant by Valencian 2001. The media in Valencia should be considered by the Government a cultural industry that must be protected, promote and preserve.
- Develop a national policy of communication from the Generalitat Valenciana. A policy to terme Duga, among others, profound reorganization of the audiovisual sector Valencia, RTVV starting a reform that includes the full content valencianització. But a policy that ensures compliance with laws such as the Audiovisual which requires emission rates in Valencia now are not respected.
- The video will remain a strategic element in the communication. This requires promoting the audiovisual production through the creation of a Valencian Valencian Institute of Cultural Industries and the Council of the Valencian Audio, who referred to our Statute of Autonomy, should be in operation, as well as the deployment of financial resources, audiovisual legislation and agencies are necessary to strengthen this sector.
- Enhance Valencia in the private media through public policies developed by the Government subsidies, provincial and local. This support should cover several fronts: promote the use of Valencian in the existing media, issue of new media in Valencia, structural support for projects of consolidation Press, radio, television and digital media in Valencia; promotion of journalism and media, etc..
- Consolidate and strengthen networks of local public radio stations, televisió i portals web, professionals to take advantage of synergies, techniques that improve the quality and economic. Along this, should consider creating a news agency Valencia Valencia.
- The way mateixes, necessary that the Government reaches an agreement with the governments of Madrid, Catalonia and the Balearic Islands to obtain reciprocity from all the regional radio and television channels that broadcast in Catalan.
- That the Government fixed a clear legal and political criteria (with legislation and regulations) continue to avoid increasing dependence in Spanish media, establishing a conducive framework for operators and companies that use the Valencian language as a communication.
- The media should be visible in Valencia. We must therefore create an observatory of the media support of the Government, Valencian universities, associations of media, private companies and professional associations of journalists. The observatory should be used to quantify the existing means, detect potential, rate hearings, uses and cultural consumption, and finally to formulate strategies.
- Given the influence of the media in the language use of individuals, needed to reach a political and social consensus through the Valencian Academy of Language spoken to set a norm, a standard oral RTVV Valencia and in the field of local and regional radio and television in Valencia.
- And finally, needed to develop a regional plan of DTT to reorient the sector towards local television Valencia communication projects committed to the Valencian language and cultural identity.
Valencia 30 December 2010